Friday, July 3, 2009

Craft Idea: Wire Ornaments

Last year when helping to make a teacher gift with Samuel, I decided to make a special ornament to attach to the gift bag as well. It was super simple and fast to make and his teacher loved it.

All you need are cookie cutters in desired ornament shapes and some colored wire. You may have to experiment with different gauges of wire, some will work better than others. I forget what gauge I used last year but I think it was a thicker wire.

Make a loop with your wire and twist the bottom of the loop so it will stay. Then simply wrap the wire around the cookie cutter shape of choice. You can do this one of two ways. You can wrap it around once, remove the cookie cutter and then cut your wire. Secure the end around the twisty part at the bottom of the loop. Or you can wrap it several times, remove from the cookie cutter and then wrap a different color around it the other way to make it 3D.

If I can find a picture of mine i'll add it in later. I'm sure I have one somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment